10. Be careful what you put on the Internet – colleges will Google you!
9. Get involved - activities and community service stand out on your college application.
8. You need to take the ACT or SAT by the end of your junior year.
7. Colleges look at your senior schedule and rank the difficulty of your class load.
6. Your GPA and rank at the end of your junior year is the GPA that you will use to apply for
5. You get two days for college visits – make sure you use them wisely.
4. You should apply to college by Christmas break of your senior year. Make sure that you don’t
procrastinate – stay on top of all deadlines!
3. Scholarship money is available, but it won’t come looking for you! Make an effort to look for
and apply for scholarships.
2. Like us on Facebook (Tecumseh High School Guidance Office), Twitter(@THSGOArrows), and Class of 2018 Remind (81010 text @thsgui). Make sure to check the THS website often – these are great resources for information from the guidance
1. Visit the Guidance Office regularly and get to know your counselor – they write your